Saffron & Rose Kheer
A delicious aromatic dessert with sweetness good for your soul!
Time prep: 20 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
1. Put cardamom seeds and saffron strands into a cup with 2 Tbsp milk and put aside
2. Heat the 2L of milk into a heavy bottomed pot and bring to the boil
3. Add rinsed and soaked rice, bring to the boil on a medium heat, let boil for 10mins
4. Turn down the heat to low and let Kheer simmer without lid, stirring occasionally so the bottom doesn’t stick
5. Add saffron / cardamom milk
6. Serve warm, top with a drizzle of honey or agave to sweeten, nuts & rose petals.
Enjoy Kheer for breakfast or dessert, this naturally sweetened rice pudding is completely guilt free les amis and also very nutritious.
Recipes from Shani FitBirds Fitness and Cami founder of La Maison Wellness Mindful Supper Club
• 1/2 cup of basmati rice (rinsed and soaked for an hour)
• 2 litres of milk (I used oat)
• 1⁄2 tsp saffron strands
• 3 cardamom pods (shell discarded, seeds used)
• honey or agave to drizzle when serving
• chopped nuts (I used blanched almonds, but pistachios would also be delicieux! )
• rose petals
Nuts of your choice and rose petals